As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
The Evans High School Parents and Citizens Association meets on the last Tuesday of every month during school terms. Our meetings start at 11am, and take place in the common room at the school. If you are a member of the school community in any way, we'd love to see you at our next meeting! Past, current or future parents, relatives, or interested community members are most welcome to come along, enjoy a cuppa, and find out what's going on at our school.
At a recent meeting, members compiled a list of topics they'd like discussed at future meetings. These include:
- The school's Social Media plans (facebook, twitter, etc)
- Anti-bullying strategies and policies
- Suspension policies and processes
- Talks from faculties, and the Head Teachers for Learning Assistance (Autism Support Classes) and the Return to School Centre
- New school leaving age, and its impact on our school
- Transition processes
- Talk by our Police Liaison Officer about her role with students
If you are interested in hearing about any of these issues, or adding another topic to our list, please come along and be a part of the conversation!
Being a part of our P&C is a great way to get involved in the school community. Check out our P&C information HERE